We’re seeking a talented and motivated full-time Front-end Developer to join our growth-oriented team.
You will work as part of the product team to develop:
* The UI of the web-based control panel for the Tailscale service
* Other web properties to operate and market the Tailscale product
* Analytics and user journey mapping to measure customer interaction with the product and inform how to improve the experience
* (Bonus) User-visible features in the client software apps (eg. macOS/iOS, Android, Windows, etc.)
* Because we’re an early-stage and fully remote company, we’re looking for a motivated individual who can think on their feet, enjoys collaborating with highly technical teams, and is comfortable working asynchronously.
* Work collaboratively to create rich, interactive user experiences
* Provide a technical perspective on projects to help scope and identify possible pain points (and work to solve them) before implementation
* Use your expertise to build smart functionality and provide actionable insights that continue to drive user adoption and growth
* Communicate openly, supporting and championing innovation and inclusivity
Ideally, you have
* Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and solutions
* Knowledge of current web accessibility standards and requirements
* Ability to give and process constructive feedback, as well as work independently
* Flexibility to adjust to the dynamic nature of a startup
It’s nice if you have
* Experience with SaaS technology solutions at a B2B or enterprise technology company
* Knowledge of information architecture, interaction design, and user-centered design
* Understanding of marketing concepts such as conversion, analytics, lead generation, and search engine optimization
* Expertise in Windows, macOS/iOS, or Android UI development
With the team, you’ll succeed with these sorts of goals
* Work as part of a team of engineers and designers to add features in the Tailscale service, making those features approachable and usable
* Take a holistic view of the product, from customer needs to client applications to the admin console
Tailscale is a fully remote company with employees in both the United States and Canada. We offer:
* Flexible (and reasonable) working hours—work/life balance is exceptionally important to us
* Competitive compensation and stock options
* Comprehensive medical/dental/vision benefits, and more
* 4 weeks of paid vacation (standard across the company) + 12 company holidays per year
* An allowance for equipment to help you personalize your workspace
This is a full-time position. Our team is spread across Toronto, Montréal, New York City, Seattle, San Francisco, Victoria, Phoenix, and elsewhere. We are looking for someone based in the continental United States or Canada who can maintain several hours a day of overlap with the Eastern timezone.
Tailscale is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a work environment that is both diverse and inclusive. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, ancestry, creed, color, disability, ethnicity, family or medical care leave, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the hiring process.